    SubjectRe: linux-next: no tree for Sept 6
    From
    Hi,

    On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:29 PM, Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> Hi,

    >>> Well... that would be helpful if all of the trees that linux-next
    >>> pulls from are hosted somewhere other than kernel.org as well.  A lot
    >>> of them are not, which means you would get an incomplete linux-next
    >>> tree at best.  Probably better to just wait.
    >>>
    >> That's just insane...
    >
    > It's insane for people to host their git trees for kernel work on kernel.org?

    Yes. It is looking for trouble by creating a wonderful single point of
    failure. Which happened to have failed.

    If I were to be really paranoid, I would no longer trust any code on
    git.kernel.org unless all the current repository were to be destroyed,
    and re-uploaded by their owner.

    - Arnaud