    SubjectRE: Player Thread is not woken after period elapsed
    > please do not top post!

    Ok.
    > correcting that mistake for you for this time

    Thanks so much.

    > >> actually it doesn't... you must be on some really really old kernel
    > >> or something.
    > >>

    > > Sorry, I have not provided the kernel version. Kernel version is
    > > 2.6.35.
    >
    > Please always test bugs like this with a recent kernel. 2.6.35 is pretty much 6
    > versions (and 18 months) behind and at that point you really have to test with
    > something newer first before asking others to help you and spend their time on
    > your problem.

    Unfortunately, I am stuck with that version as the product that I work on is on that version.

    > >> https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/9/5/201

    I manually ported the changes and verified. I still see the issue. Found more information which might throw more light into the problem.
    p->state in try_to_wake_up() is 0 when it is expected to be 2 or 3.

    > > However, wait_for_avail() does not have the code similar to the one
    > > provided in the patch below.
    >
    > the patch is against a recent kernel; no surprise that the code has changed in the
    > last 18 months....
    >

    > --
    > Arjan van de Ven Intel Open Source Technology Centre
    > For development, discussion and tips for power savings, visit
    > http://www.lesswatts.org

      Last update: 2011-09-06 16:23    [W:0.030 / U:30.684 seconds]