    SubjectRe: APEI: Can not request iomem region for GARs
    On 09/03/2011 10:44 AM, Pavel Ivanov wrote:
    > On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 1:37 AM, Huang Ying <> wrote:
    >> On 08/27/2011 11:28 AM, Pavel Ivanov wrote:
    >>> Also I noticed there's another suspicious message in dmesg and it was
    >>> there earlier too (although it's not shown on console):
    >>> GHES: Failed to enable APEI firmware first mode
    >>> Is it bad? What does it mean?
    >> Maybe this has been fixed, please this patch,
    > Yes, this patch indeed fixed this failure message. It's now replaced by
    > GHES: APEI firmware first mode is enabled by WHEA _OSC.
    > Can I ask you another question: what does the following message mean?
    > [Firmware Warn]: GHES: Poll interval is 0 for generic hardware error
    > source: 1, disabled.

    This means:

    The generic hardware error source with ID 1 is notified by poll, that
    is, Linux should poll the specified address to check whether there is
    hardware error report from hardware. But the poll interval specified by
    firmware is "0". I think this should be a firmware error, and disabled
    it. I think maybe you can contact firmware vendor to fix this.

    Best Regards,
    Huang Ying

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-09-05 04:07    [W:0.021 / U:9.156 seconds]