SubjectRe: Detection of Advanced Format drives
From
Keep in mind that some AF drives will not report their actual sector
sizes. I have this issue with the WD AV-25 series. This is to provide
compatibility with older operating systems that don't support AF
drives. These are called generation 1 devices. Newer drives will
directly report their sector size as 4096 through the drive identify
data older ones will say 512. At that point you just need to do a
google search to see if it's AF or not.

-Josh