SubjectRe: radeon KMS (R100) on dell inspiron 5100 blank screen
Resend: mutt's reply-to-list didn't pick up Wakko's address, and my
manual fixup got the lkml address wrong - Wakko, sorry for spamming
your mailbox with this resend.

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 08:17:23AM -0400, Wakko Warner wrote:
> Wakko Warner wrote:
> > My previous message, I stated in the subject line that this was a 5150.
> > This is an inspiron 5100.
>
> Noone?

One of my desktops uses an R100. At the moment, I've not got time
to test kernels, but as of 3.0.0 and 3.0.4 it seems to be working ok
(with kms).

What I *have* noticed for the last two years or so is that both
R100 and R200 often get broken by changes in the xorg area (both
the ati driver and Mesa have bitten me), and that the problem can
persist for a long time. The reason for this is fairly obvious -
nobody doing development is using this old hardware, and those of
us who run it aren't following upstream development!

If your problem is specific to a particular (old) laptop, the
number of people who are likely to experience the problem will be
even fewer.

ken

----- End forwarded message -----