    From status
    Hi All,

    As you know, we've been working very hard on building a new
    infrastructure from the ground up. This new infrastructure will no
    longer have shell access to the git repositories; instead we will be
    running git using the gitolite web glue.

    Gitolite uses ssh keys to push into it, so we will start sending out new
    ssh credentials to the active developers who had accounts
    before - please contact me or John so we can establish secure
    communications (ideally through gpg keys).

    One disadvantage of moving away from shell access is that gitolite has
    very limited on-server scripting - so for those of you using git hooks
    on, you'll need to investigate how scripting works in
    gitolite before this will be functional. We are planning to get the
    first trees up and running early next week with broader access happening
    in early October.

    We will be bringing up additional developer services later, as resources
    permit and we can do so securely.

    We understand that the outage has inconvenienced each of
    you as well as the larger Linux community. And, adjusting to the
    new tools will take some additional time and hassle. We apologize for
    that. But I want to assure you that getting the
    development machines back up is the highest priority of

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-09-24 01:21    [W:0.019 / U:71.316 seconds]