    SubjectRe: 答复: 答复: 答复: 3.1-rc6+ rtl81 92se issue
    On 09/23/2011 05:33 AM, Borislav Petkov wrote:
    > On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 06:21:07PM +0800, 李朝明 wrote:
    >> Please set ips =0 and try again..
    >
    > What does that mean?
    >
    > I can trigger the grinding-to-a-halt reliably with "ips=0" - it only
    > takes a couple of hours of network traffic. Also, I don't want to try
    > the driver you sent me because the version in the kernel needs fixing
    > not some out-of-tree codebase.

    Does the likelihood of the failure change when "ips=0" is used?

    The Realtek group made several changes in the driver that Chaoming sent you that
    have not yet been incorporated in the kernel version. If you test that driver,
    we might learn if any of them are important to your problem. As neither of us
    can duplicate your results, it is not possible for us to do those tests.

    I agree that we want to fix the kernel version. It is unfortunate that Realtek
    does not generate their improvements as patches to that kernel version, and
    publish them that way, but that is a fact of life. When they produce a new
    version, I have to look at the diff file between it and the previous version and
    test those differences with my devices. Thus far, there have been no changes
    that have any effect on my system, but who knows on yours. Please run the test
    as Chaoming asked you to do.

    Thanks,

    Larry