    SubjectRe: [RFC v2.1 0/6] evm: digital signature verification extension
    On Tue, 2011-09-13 at 17:20 +0300, Dmitry Kasatkin wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Changes to version 2.0:
    > - MPI patch has been split to smaller in order to go to mailing lists.
    > First 2 patches include only source and header files which are needed
    > to build ksign verification. Headers and sources are split just to
    > meet 100k kernel.org limit.
    > Last patch adds all rest soures from original ported MPI library.
    >
    > Changes to version 1.1:
    > - GnuPG MPI library has been refactored with lindent and checkpatch errors
    > and warnings has been fixed.
    > - creation of evm keyring has been remove. It is done now in user space.
    > - related ksign and evm patches has been squashed.
    > - patch descriptions has been updated.
    >
    > As EVM patches were recently merged to security-testing-2.6#next,
    > it is a good time to resend evm signature verification patches for active
    > discussion. Last time I forgot --cc linux-crypto. Here it is.
    >
    > This patchset introduces digital signature extensions for the IMA/EVM kernel
    > integrity subsystem and is applied on the top of the EVM patches posted to
    > LSM mailing list earlier.

    Hi Herbert

    Back in March 2011, in preparation for EVM, Dmitry posted the GnuPG MPI
    library patch here on linux-crypto. The reason given for not upstreaming
    the MPI library, at the time, was for lack of an in kernel user
    (http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-crypto@vger.kernel.org/msg05613.html).
    With the recent merging of the EVM patches in linux-next, via
    security-testing-2.6/#next, that is changing. Any chance of re-opening
    the discussion?

    thanks,

    Mimi

      Last update: 2011-09-20 15:31    [W:0.024 / U:0.084 seconds]