SubjectRe: [lm-sensors] coretemp: Support for Intel Atom E6XX CPU (TunnelCreek)?
Hi Alexander,

On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 16:40:30 +0200, Alexander Stein wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 August 2011 15:26:53 R, Durgadoss wrote:
> > Yes I checked with some Atom Guys here.
> > Apparently there is no way to know it from the OS Level.

> So, is there a possibility to add a module parameter to force a either
> specific tjmax or the T model for E6xx?

A parameter to force the T model for E6xx would be very very specific,
while the problem at hand is much broader: the heuristics in
adjust_tjmax() are best effort but largely insufficient in many (most?)
cases. So, as we have been enable to provide a relative temperature
scale interface in the past 2 years, a module parameter letting the
user set TjMax as needed seems the best approach to me. I'll submit a
patch doing this in a moment.

--
Jean Delvare

  Last update: 2011-09-16 18:25    [W:0.287 / U:0.752 seconds]