SubjectRe: Proposal for a low-level Linux display framework
Date
On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 15:07:05 +0300, Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com> wrote:

> This was a very rough and quite short proposal, but I'm happy to improve
> and extend it if it's not totally shot down.

Jesse Barnes has put together a proposal much like this to work within
the existing DRM environment. This is pretty much the last piece of
missing mode-setting functionality that we know of, making DRM capable
of fully supporting existing (and planned) devices.

Here's a link to some older discussion on the issue, things have changed
a bit since then and we had a long talk about this during the X
Developers' Conference this week in Chicago. Expect an update to his
proposal in the coming weeks.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2011-April/010559.html

--
keith.packard@intel.com