SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] KVM fix for 3.1-rc5
From
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 12:06 AM, Avi Kivity <avi@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 09/07/2011 02:20 AM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 2:42 AM, Avi Kivity<avi@redhat.com>  wrote:
>> >  Linus, please pull from
>> >
>> >    git://github.com/avikivity/kvm.git kvm-updates/3.1
>> >
>> >  to receive a fix for a build failure due to a missing instruction size
>> >  suffix in inline assembly.
>>
>> Again, please give me a warm and fuzzy feeling that this is really
>> Avi, and the right thing to do, rather than just a "please pull from
>> this random tree".
>
> Yup, it's the genuine thing here, and the s/mul/mulq/ is not an incredibly
> clever backdoor.
>
>> It's not that I don't think you are you, but I want people to actually
>> *think* about what they are doing and sending me. When you give me a
>> kernel.org address, I know you have access to kernel.org, and that
>> makes me believe you are you. When you give me a github address, that
>> doesn't really mean anything.
>>

> Well, these days access to kernel.org proves a lot less than it used to,
> unfortunately.

How comes that companies who directly participate in the kernel
development[0] cannot setup servers that would host trees of their
employee ? In which case, kernel.org would just be a mirror for those
tree.

Thanks,
- Arnaud

[0]: from the top of my mind, RedHat, SuSe/Novell, Canonical, IBM, Intel, ...