    SubjectRe: [patch v3 19/36] Hexagon: Add ptrace support
    On 9 September 2011 23:18, Linas Vepstas (Code Aurora)
    <> wrote:
    > On Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 10:15:20PM +0200, Jonas Bonn wrote:
    >> That said, I don't think gdbserver has been updated to use
    >> GETREGSET/SETREGSET.  This is a bit like the uClibc/glibc issue,
    > Some dumb questions then: I notice that a few arches declare
    > struct user_regs_struct in glibc, most of the others in the
    > kernel.  If I were to make pt_regs completely kernel-private,
    > then I really do need to have struct user_regs_struct declared
    > the kernel headers, right?

    Yes, on OpenRISC we declare it in ptrace.h (see

    > Putting a printk into case PTRACE_POKEUSR seemed to show that
    > gdb was using this (and was somehow mis-numbering the registers
    > ... sigh.) Are you saying that the default should handle this?

    I'm really not an expert on GDB, but I believe it can use either the
    PEEK/POKE functions to access regs, or it can use GET/SETREGS; it's an
    architecture-dependent configuration. I think the second variant can
    be easily modified to become GET/SETREGSET instead, and the PEEK/POKE
    variant wouldn't be needed at all.

      Last update: 2011-09-10 08:45    [W:0.040 / U:4.596 seconds]