    SubjectRe: USB mini-summit at LinuxCon Vancouver
    On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 07:21:47PM -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
    > I know that this problem were somewhat solved for 3G modems, with the usage
    > of the userspace problem usb_modeswitch, and with some quirks for the USB
    > storage driver, but I'm not sure if such tricks will scale forever, as more
    > functions are seen on some USB devices.

    Well, no matter how it "scales" it needs to be done in userspace, like
    usb_modeswitch does. We made that decision a while ago, and it is
    working out very well. I see no reason why you can't do it in userspace
    as well as that is the easiest place to control this type of thing.

    I thought we had a long discussion about this topic a while ago and came
    to this very conclusion. Or am I mistaken?

    greg k-h

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-08-05 00:59    [W:0.020 / U:25.980 seconds]