SubjectRe: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (pm tree related)
On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 23:39:50 +1000 Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 10:14:11 +0200 "Pihet-XID, Jean" <j-pihet@ti.com> wrote:
> >
> > Well, it is not as easy as it seems. As the patch set describes, I am
> > build testing for x86 and OMAP. At the moment due to config
> > dependencies it is _impossible_ to disable PM in the OMAP config.
> >
> > Also I cannot build test every platform out there.
> > Do you have a procedure for build testing?
>
> I do not expect developers (or even maintainers) to build for every
> architecture/platform - that is partly what linux-next is for (see
> http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/linux-next ). It is good to see you at
> least thought about the !PM case. Can't it be turned off in x86?

Sure it can. For mainline -rc and 3.x releases, I am trying to build
an almost-allmodconfig kernel (x86_64 only) with one major option
disabled. The $major option that is disabled is one of each of the
following:
BLOCK HOTPLUG INET INPUT MAGIC_SYSRQ NET PCI PM PROC_FS SMP SYSCTL SYSFS

There used to be several build errors for HOTPLUG or MAGIC_SYSRQ disabled,
but those aren't finding problems lately like they used to. I could probably
drop them.

> I am a bit sensitive about these sort of build errors as I see it happen
> way to often that a developer make a typo in the !CONFIG_XXX stubs.

---
~Randy

  Last update: 2011-08-19 22:35    [W:0.063 / U:0.256 seconds]