    SubjectRe: BUG: Bisected Gianfar in bridge not forwarding packets (was: 3.0-rc1 Bridge not forwarding unicast packages)
    On Wed, 2011-08-10 at 13:51 +0200, Michael Guntsche wrote:
    [...]
    > Jiri, there seems to be another bug lingering in the bridge code,
    > which might cause this problem in the first place but I am not really
    > sure. I looked at the ethtool output some more and I noticed that some
    > features were enabled on the Bridge which should be off.
    [...]

    That's an intentional change. There are software fallbacks for TX
    checksumming and VLAN tag insertion. Bridge devices (and some other
    software devices) now always advertise them so that the fallback is not
    used until and unless it is known that the real output device doesn't
    support the feature.

    Ben.

    --
    Ben Hutchings, Staff Engineer, Solarflare
    They asked us to note that Solarflare product names are trademarked.

      Last update: 2011-08-10 14:51    [W:0.033 / U:90.456 seconds]