SubjectRe: [REGRESSION] [BISECTED] Unable to use 3D with Radeon 2100 and UI freezes with Firefox
From
Hi, Dave.

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 05:10, Dave Airlie <airlied@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 8:42 AM, Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br> wrote:
>> It seems that the radeon thing is just one of the manifestations of the
>> problem.
>>
>> Today, I noticed another bad symptom, when I accidentally booted with kernel
>> 3.0 (I have many kernels in GRUB2): I printed a LaTeX document with only 2
>> pages of pure text.  My printer is an inkjet printer connected via USB to my
>> computer and it took about 6 minutes to print those 2 pages.
(...)
> Well I was hoping Thomas would help debug this, but he's gone on
> holidays, I'll try and take a look next week.
>
> but I've no real idea about the irq subsystem.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Should I file it on bugzilla? Just as a
reminder, the first problematic commit is
fa27271bc8d230355c1f24ddea103824fdc12de6: genirq: Fixup poll handling

As the MAINTAINERS file only lists Thomas as the responsible for the
IRQ subsystem, I'm still CC'ing linux-kernel, but I can bring the
discussion to any other mailing list, if applicable.

Thanks,
--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 4096R/BCFCAAAA
http://rb.doesntexist.org : Packages for LaTeX : algorithms.berlios.de