SubjectRe: 2.6.39.2: usb kernel panic/oops: schedule+ehci_irq+0x266/0x830

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011, Alan Stern wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Jul 2011, Justin Piszcz wrote:
>
> You need to enable CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER; without that it is difficult
> to interpret the stack dump. Also you should collect more than a
> single screen's worth of information, say by using a serial console or
> netconsole.
Done, I'll update when I have a new crash, thank you for the suggestion!

>> Is this a valid kernel bug?
>
> What's the difference between a "valid" kernel bug and an "invalid"
> kernel bug? :-)
I was wondering if it could be HW related, even though I cannot seem to find
any HW fault. Example, I attached 30+ USB devices as a test, R/W on all of
the flash and hard drives, no problems, this seems to occur spuriously when
little or no activity is occurring, hopefully w/FRAME POINTERS we will
get something useful next time.

> Yes, clearly it is a bug in the kernel.
>

> This could any of a number of things. More information is needed.
>
> If the problem is easily reproducible, you can use git bisect to pin
> down the commit responsible for exposing the bug.
I wish it was, I tried above (30+ USB devices) no crash, its more or less
random, will wait for next crash and upadte then.

Thanks for the response.

Justin.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans