SubjectRe: [GIT PULL-v2] iscsi-target merge for v3.1-rc1
On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 4:13 AM, Nicholas A. Bellinger
<nab@linux-iscsi.org> wrote:
> Here is an updated pull request for an initial v3.1-rc1 merge of
> iscsi_target including the updates to address some recent build breakage
> with iscsi_proto.h in linux-next, and minor build warnings on 32-bit.

Hi Linus, Andrew and James,

There is a tradition in the Linux kernel community of only accepting
kernel code upstream after all major outstanding issues have been
resolved. Something that I consider as a major outstanding issue and
that does not only affect the iSCSI target code but also the target
core is that support for hot-pluggable HCAs is missing. This is
something I have reported more than once in the past -- see e.g.
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-scsi/msg50248.html. As far as I
know nobody is working on this. So I'm wondering whether that has
perhaps been overlooked when the iSCSI target code was pulled ?

Bart.

  Last update: 2011-07-30 11:33    [W:0.036 / U:0.456 seconds]