    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] 3.0-rt6

    2011/7/30 Remy Bohmer <>:
    >> Please keep on testing and sending patches. Peter Zijlstra kindly
    >> volunteered to cover for me. He'll pick up stuff and eventually push
    >> out releases when a reasonable number of sane patches hits his inbox.
    > I got rt5 booting yesterday on a ARM core (Atmel AT91):
    > * LCD driver broken, booting stops during initialising driver (seems
    > to be broken in mainstream too)

    Still need to debug this one.

    > * Strange issue with finding files in a directory. (currently checking
    > if it is RT-patch related.)

    It seems that the busybox (v1.17.1) mount for loopback devices is
    broken on linux-3.0. The util-linux-ng mount still works.
    This is NOT a RT-patch issue.

    > * Furthermore, the board feels slow... Can be perception only, need to
    > check it out...

    This seems to be caused by the fact that the IRQ-thread of the
    ttyS0/dbgu usart is running in thread context now.
    Previously it was shared with the timer interrupt and as such running
    in hard-irq context. It therefor felt faster.
    The debug usart now frequently misses some characters, since it only
    has a 1 byte 'fifo' and the interrupt handler thread cannot keep up
    with the 115200 baudrate on this board. (at91sam9261ek). The
    atmel-serial driver needs an update to use threaded interrupts, and
    read the fifo in hard-irq context. Maybe I pick this one up as well.

    > * The patch (
    > that solved the problem at is no
    > longer part of the RT-patch. I Need to test if it is still needed...

    Not tested yet.

    Furthermore, I built a patch to add a sched_clock implementation for
    the TC-based clocksource driver since the default jiffies based
    sched_clock stopped running for some reason during boot. (jiffies do
    not seem to be properly updated)
    This patch conflicts with the RT-patch since the RT-patch touches the
    same files. Should it go to mainline directly, or go via the RT-tree
    first? (I will post the patch tomorrow)

    Kind regards,

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-07-30 22:23    [W:0.030 / U:364.076 seconds]