SubjectRe: [linux-pm] Suspend to RAm query
Date
Hi,

On Tuesday, June 28, 2011, deepaksi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a very basic query w.r.t the place to handle the standby/suspend
> process for the devices in the system.
>
> Should it be done at the driver level or in the machine/platform
> specific code ?
>
> There are instances where I need some specific functionality in the
> standby mode, or some extra functionality
> in the suspend mode at the device level. Is that the reason for
> differentiating between the suspend and standby at
> the platform code level, because in platform code we get different
> states signifying a suspend or a standby ?

Yes, it is.

The platform suspend callbacks in strcut platform_suspend_ops (as defined
in include/linux/suspend.h) take a suspend_state_t argument indicating
what state is being requested. You can get the information from there,
if I understood your problem description correctly.

Thanks,
Rafael

  Last update: 2011-07-03 09:07    [W:0.041 / U:0.396 seconds]