    SubjectRe: [GIT] Security subsystem changes for 3.1
    On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 8:20 PM, James Morris <> wrote:
    > Ok.  So what should have happened here (fb408e6ccc) is that Al should have
    > emailed the patch to me to apply to my tree, instead of pushing it
    > directly?

    No. He's the VFS maintainer, he can do the VFS changes he likes.

    James, these things happen. It's *normal* to have a certain amount of
    overlap. I just want to know about it when it happens, because
    sometimes (thankfully very rarely) there are also then semantic
    changes involved, and repeated clashes tend to mean that something is
    badly abstracted or whatever.

    So conflicts aren't "bad" per se. I want to see them, because they're
    a kind of heads-up for me: while any individual conflict isn't
    necessarily a problem at all, it's something that I just want to be
    aware of.

    So I am not complaining about - or finding it disturbing - that we had
    a conflict. It's all par for the course. But I don't want
    submaintainers to merge the conflicts away.

      Last update: 2011-07-28 05:41    [W:0.021 / U:8.776 seconds]