    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Native Linux KVM tool for 3.1
    On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 01:34:25PM +0200, Olivier Galibert wrote:
    > You need someone with taste in the loop. But if you do, "evolved" is
    > always better than "designed before you actually know what you need".
    > As I'm sure you perfectly know, for the matter.

    Neither is actually helpful. You reall want reference implementation
    on both sides of an ABI, _and_ documentation. And yes, usually you'll
    need a few iterations over it. In theory you can do that in a "tightly
    integrated" enviroment as well, but practice shows simply boilds down
    to commiting the bloody thing.

    I'm also not sure why we even bother to focus with this side-line
    discussion. It's not like the kvm (as in the kernel kvm module)
    developers have written the kvm tools. It's just another userspace for
    the kvm userspace (the fifth if I count correctly), and so far the
    reference and often only implementation of any new kvm module feature
    is for qemu-kvm. So no matter where kvm tools lives, if you guys one
    day actually start doing major kvm core features it will still evolve
    discussing them with the main consumer of those interfaces.

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-07-25 13:43    [W:0.028 / U:15.868 seconds]