    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Native Linux KVM tool for 3.1
    On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 01:34:25PM +0200, Olivier Galibert wrote:
    > You need someone with taste in the loop. But if you do, "evolved" is
    > always better than "designed before you actually know what you need".
    >
    > As I'm sure you perfectly know, for the matter.

    Neither is actually helpful. You reall want reference implementation
    on both sides of an ABI, _and_ documentation. And yes, usually you'll
    need a few iterations over it. In theory you can do that in a "tightly
    integrated" enviroment as well, but practice shows simply boilds down
    to commiting the bloody thing.

    I'm also not sure why we even bother to focus with this side-line
    discussion. It's not like the kvm (as in the kernel kvm module)
    developers have written the kvm tools. It's just another userspace for
    the kvm userspace (the fifth if I count correctly), and so far the
    reference and often only implementation of any new kvm module feature
    is for qemu-kvm. So no matter where kvm tools lives, if you guys one
    day actually start doing major kvm core features it will still evolve
    discussing them with the main consumer of those interfaces.

      Last update: 2011-07-25 13:43    [W:0.032 / U:32.532 seconds]