SubjectRe: Major 2.6.38 / 2.6.39 / 3.0 regression ignored?
Hi Keith,

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011, Keith Packard wrote:
>> Sorry, to me it all looked like "UMS is being ignored forever".
>
> You're right, of course -- UMS is a huge wart on the kernel driver at
> this point, keeping it working while also adding new functionality
> continues to cause challenges. We tend to expect that most people will
> run reasonably contemporaneous kernel and user space code, and so three
> years after the switch, it continues to surprise us when someone
> actually tries UMS.

I know I sound like a broken record but I really wish you i915 devs were
little more eager to revert broken patches early rather than late. I mean,
this particular breakage was already bisected but nobody said or
did anything - and it's not like it's the first time either!

I suppose I need to bribe Linus somehow to be more strict with you folks.

Pekka

  Last update: 2011-07-23 17:59    [W:0.074 / U:1.400 seconds]