SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] 3.0-rc7-rt0
Date
Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de> writes:

> The overall patch size has shrunk significantly and the readability
> (except for the missing changelogs in various patches) is at an
> acceptable level.

Well, thanks for all the work. I am actually already using per-irq
threads and priorities on a 3.0-rc kernel (there is some boot option to
enable them), and that helps for audio operation.

It would be really great if realtime can move upstream completely
eventually, and it looks like the current approach is a better match to
the existing kernel, partly due to upstream improvements, partly through
rewritten realtime code.

The ongoing work seems very promising and seems to involve fewer
compromises, boding well not just for the chances of getting merged
upstream, but also of minimizing regressions compared to the
non-realtime kernel.

Thanks!

--
David Kastrup

  Last update: 2011-07-20 11:07    [W:0.069 / U:0.264 seconds]