    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] 3.0-rc7-rt0
    Thomas Gleixner <> writes:

    > The overall patch size has shrunk significantly and the readability
    > (except for the missing changelogs in various patches) is at an
    > acceptable level.

    Well, thanks for all the work. I am actually already using per-irq
    threads and priorities on a 3.0-rc kernel (there is some boot option to
    enable them), and that helps for audio operation.

    It would be really great if realtime can move upstream completely
    eventually, and it looks like the current approach is a better match to
    the existing kernel, partly due to upstream improvements, partly through
    rewritten realtime code.

    The ongoing work seems very promising and seems to involve fewer
    compromises, boding well not just for the chances of getting merged
    upstream, but also of minimizing regressions compared to the
    non-realtime kernel.

    David Kastrup

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-07-20 11:07    [W:0.044 / U:1.928 seconds]