    SubjectRe: Linux 3.0 oopses when pulling a USB CDROM
    > > if (trace_scsi && dev->type == &scsi_dev_type &&
    > > trace_scsi_dev[0] == 0 || !strcmp(dev_name(dev), trace_scsi_dev))) {
    > > dev_printk ...
    > These extra puts could be coming from deep inside the device-model
    > core, where they operate directly on the underlying kobject instead of
    > going through put_device(). For example, removal of sysfs symlinks
    > could have this effect.

    Ok I could move it to kobject with some complications (need a real
    back trace then)

    > On my system, at least, the scsi_device's refcount dropped to 0 at the
    > right time. That wasn't the problem. The NULL pointer occurs because
    > the request_queue is used after the scsi_device has been removed from
    > visibility; among other things, __scsi_remove_device() sets
    > sdev->request_queue->queuedata to NULL.
    > As the comment says, this causes the request function to reject all I/O
    > requests -- but not before trying to dereference the NULL pointer!

    Your explanation completely contradicts what James wrote earlier.

    Maybe it's good if you guys come up with a common avenue of debugging
    before I try further.

    -- -- Speaking for myself only.

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-07-03 03:19    [W:0.020 / U:0.080 seconds]