    SubjectRe: ARM cortex A9 feature
    From
    Hi Naveen,

    On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 11:26 PM, naveen yadav <yad.naveen@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am reading ARM cortex a9 manual and got few question in mind.
    >
    > 1. Where I need strong order type memory ? any sample example is very helpfull.

    Often when dealing with hardware, you need to ensure that when your code does:

    reg1 = val1;
    reg2 = val2;

    that these writes actually occur in the order that the code issues
    them. Using volatile pointers will get the compiler to not reorder the
    instructions, but you still need the writes to hit the hardware in the
    same order that they were issued. Using strongly ordered memory is one
    way to achieve that.

    > 2. L2 cache, Cortex a9 support exclusive L2 cache feature, where we need it ?

    L2 cache can improve your performance.

    --
    Dave Hylands
    Shuswap, BC, Canada

      Last update: 2011-07-14 18:59    [W:0.022 / U:91.156 seconds]