    Subject[patch 0/2] enhance stop machine infrastructure for MTRR rendezvous sequence
    First patch enhance the stop machine infrastructure so that we
    can call __stop_machine() from the cpu hotplug path, where the calling
    cpu is not yet online. We do allow this for already for !CONFIG_SMP. So this
    patch brings the CONFIG_SMP behavior inline with !CONFIG_SMP

    Second patch uses the enhanced __stop_machine() to implement the x86 MTRR
    init rendezvous sequence and thus remove the duplicate implementation
    of stop machine using stop_one_cpu_nowait(). This duplicate implementation
    of stop machine can potentially lead to deadlock if there is a parallel
    system wide rendezvous using __stop_machine().

    Both these address one of the deadlocks mentioned in the

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-06-07 01:21    [W:0.018 / U:1.020 seconds]