    SubjectRe: [RFC 0/6] iommu: generic api migration and grouping
    On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 10:20 PM, Roedel, Joerg <> wrote:
    > Well, it certainly makes sense to have a single implementation for this.
    > But I want to hide this complexity to the user of the IOMMU-API. The
    > best choice is to put this into the layer between the IOMMU-API and the
    > backend implementation.

    I agree.

    The IOMMU API should take physically contiguous regions from the user,
    split them up according to page-sizes (/alignment requirements)
    supported by the hardware, and then tell the underlying implementation
    what to map where.

    > That interface is not put into stone. There were other complains about
    > the ->unmap part recently, so there is certainly room for improvement
    > there.

    Once the supported page sizes are exposed to the framework, the
    current ->unmap API should probably be enough. 'va' + 'order' sounds
    like all the information an implementation needs to unmap a page.

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-06-06 22:13    [W:0.018 / U:5.116 seconds]