    SubjectRe: [RFC 0/6] iommu: generic api migration and grouping
    Hi Joerg,

    On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Roedel, Joerg <Joerg.Roedel@amd.com> wrote:
    > The IOMMU-API already supports multiple page-sizes. See the
    > 'order'-parameter of the map/unmap functions.

    This is insufficient; users need somehow to tell what page sizes are
    supported by the underlying hardware (we can't assume host page-sizes,
    and we want to use bigger pages whenever possible, to relax the TLB
    pressure).

    >>   Further generalizing of iovmm strongly depends on our broader plans for
    >>   providing a generic virtual memory manager and allocation framework
    >>   (which, as discussed, should be separated from a specific mapper).
    >
    > The generic vmm for DMA is called DMA-API :) Any reason for not using
    > that (those reasons should be fixed)?

    This is definitely something we will look into (dspbridge will need it
    too, not only omap3isp).

    Thanks,
    Ohad.