SubjectRe: [ath9k-devel] Patching ath9k/mac80211 to change MAC layer features
From
On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 3:00 AM, Mohammed Shafi
<shafi.wireless@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 11:07 PM, Fred Matthews <fredmm@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Much appreciated Mohammed Shafi, disabling aggregation works when
>> replacing those lines with
>>  sc->sc_flags &= ~SC_OP_TXAGGR;
>>  sc->sc_flags &= ~SC_OP_RXAGGR;
>> only issue is I must always recompile compat-wireless to
>> re-enable/disable it again. I tried to port it using debugfs to be
>> able to enable and disable at runtime but ath9k kept rebooting.
>
> I am not sure we can enable/disable aggregation via debugfs, these
> flags seem are set at initialization and based on this lot of things
> happen in tx-path, initializing TID structure, ampdu action, rate
> control  etc.

The project I am on we have to deal with a situation where we change
the hardware environment and thus have to change some of the
initialization parameters. Obviously the environment is a little
unique, but I believe this should work for you. Before the changes are
made we do a

if (sc->nvifs > 0) {
printk(KERN_INFO "ath9k:card has an open interface\n");
return -EBUSY;
}

pdev = to_pci_dev(sc->dev);
pdev->driver->remove(pdev);

then we make our hardware change and then do a

pci_id = pci_match_id(pdev->driver->id_table, pdev);
err = pdev->driver->probe(pdev, pci_id);

which gives us a re-initialized instance of ath_hw and ath_softc for the radio

Hope this helps!

V/r,
Daniel P. Smith