SubjectRe: [RFC] Add Arm cpu topology definition
On 06/16/2011 11:54 PM, Vincent Guittot wrote:
> On 16 June 2011 21:40, Stephen Boyd <sboyd@codeaurora.org> wrote:
>> The ARM ARM says these fields are IMPLEMENTATION DEFINED meaning that
>> different vendors may attribute different meaning to these fields if
>> they wish. Does that mean this should be a platform_*() function?
>>
> The ARM ARM also provides a recommended use of the fields of this
> register and the TRM of each Cortex adds some details. On the cortex
> A9, each platform can only set the value of the Cluster ID with the
> CLUSTERID pins. I have tried to consolidate the value of MPIDR across
> several platforms and they all match with the description.
>
> Have you got an example of a MPIDR register which doesn't match with
> the implementation ?

Not that I know of. I'm more concerned with how the ARM ARM has two
recommended usages for these fields depending on virtualization or not.
I suppose we can handle that issue when it arises (or does your
implementation already handle that?)

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans