    SubjectRe: [RFC] Add Arm cpu topology definition
    On 06/16/2011 11:54 PM, Vincent Guittot wrote:
    > On 16 June 2011 21:40, Stephen Boyd <sboyd@codeaurora.org> wrote:
    >> The ARM ARM says these fields are IMPLEMENTATION DEFINED meaning that
    >> different vendors may attribute different meaning to these fields if
    >> they wish. Does that mean this should be a platform_*() function?
    >>
    > The ARM ARM also provides a recommended use of the fields of this
    > register and the TRM of each Cortex adds some details. On the cortex
    > A9, each platform can only set the value of the Cluster ID with the
    > CLUSTERID pins. I have tried to consolidate the value of MPIDR across
    > several platforms and they all match with the description.
    >
    > Have you got an example of a MPIDR register which doesn't match with
    > the implementation ?

    Not that I know of. I'm more concerned with how the ARM ARM has two
    recommended usages for these fields depending on virtualization or not.
    I suppose we can handle that issue when it arises (or does your
    implementation already handle that?)

      Last update: 2011-06-21 22:39    [W:0.021 / U:63.408 seconds]