SubjectRe: [RFC 2/5 v4] procfs: add hidepid= and gid= mount options
2011/6/20 James Morris <jmorris@namei.org>:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2011, Vasiliy Kulikov wrote:
>
>> > Can you provide evidence that this is a useful feature?  e.g. examples of
>> > exploits / techniques which would be _usefully_ hampered or blocked.
>>
>> First, most of these files are usefull in sense of statistics gathering
>> and debugging.  There is no reason to provide this information to the
>> world.
>>
>> Second, yes, it blocks one source of information used in timing attacks,
>> just use reading the counters as more or less precise time measurement
>> when actual timing measurements are not precise enough.
>
> Can you provide concrete examples?

Vasiliy,

I'm now stand aside James. I mean, if we don't understand your usecase
clearly. we can't gurantee to don't break the feature in the future. So,
we strongly hope to understand it.

Moreover, _now_ I haven't understand your concrete usecase, and then
_I_ can't review and be convinced your code. Please please avoid one line
answer as far as possible, please provide us more information.