    SubjectRe: 3.0-rc1: powerpc hangs at Kernel virtual memory layout
    On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 at 08:07, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
    > 1) You didn't see (like Andres):
    > Machine check in kernel mode.
    > Caused by (from SRR1=149030): Transfer error ack signal
    > Oops: Machine check, sig: 7 [#1]
    > But, OK, maybe machine check requires something additional in kernel,
    > I don't know...
    > 2) You didn't see SSB messages
    > This is confusing. You should see SSB messages that appear before my
    > invalid read happens. Did you somehow disable most of the important
    > logs, or sth? Having ssb messages and the end of hung boot would
    > directly point you to ssb module.

    BenH advised to boot with udbg-immortal and out came:
    (watch it at very slow speed, as it's only 3sec long)

    I've enabled[0] FB_NVIDIA and during normal booting the screen flickers
    after the "... : fixmap" message and the screen clears and is filled again
    from the top - maybe the messages would've been there if booted w/o the
    framebuffer enabled.

    Right now I'm happy that Ben's fix helped to get past this message, but
    the system remains unsuable[1] with the latest -git, but more debugging
    has to wait until tomorrow...

    BOFH excuse #230:

    Lusers learning curve appears to be fractal

      Last update: 2011-06-02 08:19    [W:0.021 / U:12.308 seconds]