    SubjectRe: m68k: Convert to genirq (WIP)
    On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 7:45 AM, Geert Uytterhoeven
    <> wrote:
    Hi Geert,

    > This is the WARN_ONCE(!irqs_disabled()) check.
    > static inline bool arch_irqs_disabled_flags(unsigned long flags)
    > {
    >        return (flags & ~ALLOWINT) != 0;
    > }
    > with flags = 0x2300. Due to the "special" value of ALLOWINT on Atari:
    > #if defined(MACH_ATARI_ONLY)
    >        /* block out HSYNC on the atari */
    > #define ALLOWINT        (~0x400)
    > #define MAX_NOINT_IPL   3
    > #else
    >        /* portable version */
    > #define ALLOWINT        (~0x700)
    > #define MAX_NOINT_IPL   0
    > #endif /* machine compilation types */
    > the test fails.
    > Would it harm to always use the "portable" version?
    > That one is used on multi-platform kernels anyway?
    > Or would it cause too many HBLANK interrupts?

    I'd say it would cause too many unnecessary interrupts. At least with
    the original Falcon hardware that was a problem (haven't ever tried
    this on the CT60). Not sure I tried multi platform kernels in a long
    time, either. For these, it would probably required to male ALLOWINT a
    runtime optiion in order to avoid this problem (I seem to recall we
    used the corresponding hbl interrrupt handler for this originally
    since it only was a problem on Falcon, not on TT. Does the TT use IPL
    1 and 2, Andreas?).

    MAX_NOINT_IPL may not needed any longer because all interrupt and
    signal return is now done from assembler code in entry.S, I guess.

    Probably best to ignore the two lowest IRQ bits on Atari for the
    purpose of this test since these are always going to be disabled.