SubjectRe: Possible deadlock when suspending framebuffer
Hi Linus,

On 06/14/2011 06:15 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Paul, fbdev people.. Comments? This was sent to me and lkml, the right
> people probably didn't see it.

Sounds very familiar. Indeed a quick glance at my archive revealed 2
approaches/patches dealing with similar issues
http://marc.info/?l=linux-fbdev&m=129539210207429&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=linux-fbdev&m=129700789632450&w=2

I did not have time to verify that those do actually get those things right
everywhere but the first one looks good and should also solve this issue I think.

Regards,

Florian Tobias Schandinat