SubjectRe: [GIT] kbuild fixes for 3.0
Dne 10.6.2011 17:22, Linus Torvalds napsal(a):
> - if no such work-arounds can be done without excessive hackery, at
> least make sure that the packages in question know that they are
> broken, so that they get fixed and we can drop the third digit later
> even if we don't drop it at 3.0 itself.

So can we fix the kernel package now, even if the version has to stay at
3.0.0? The depmod hack is probably superfluous, but the rest are either
cleanups or fixes to make a future NUM.NUM release:

kbuild: Fix KERNELVERSION for empty SUBLEVEL or PATCHLEVEL
kbuild: Fix <linux/version.h> for empty SUBLEVEL or PATCHLEVEL
kbuild: Move depmod call to a separate script
perf: Use make kernelversion instead of parsing the Makefile

and this one is a genuine regression fix:

kbuild: silence Nothing to be done for 'all' message

So would pull the branch if I revert "kbuild: Hack for depmod not
handling X.Y versions"?

thanks,
Michal

  Last update: 2011-06-10 22:47    [W:3.256 / U:0.036 seconds]