    SubjectRe: KVM induced panic on 2.6.38[2367] & 2.6.39
    On 01/06/11 19:18, CaT wrote:
    > On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 06:53:31PM +0800, Brad Campbell wrote:
    >> I rebooted into a netfilter kernel, and did all the steps I'd used
    >> on the no-netfilter kernel and it ticked along happily.
    >>
    >> So the result of the experiment is inconclusive. Having said that,
    >> the backtraces certainly smell networky.
    >>
    >> To get it to crash, I have to start IE in the VM and https to the
    >> public address of the machine, which is then redirected by netfilter
    >> back into another of the VM's.
    >>
    >> I can https directly to the other VM's address, but that does not
    >> cause it to crash, however without netfilter loaded I can't bounce
    >> off the public IP. It's all rather confusing really.
    >>
    >> What next Sherlock?
    >
    > I think you're hitting something I've seen. Can you try rewriting
    > your firewall rules so that it does not reference any bridge
    > interfaces at all. Instead, reference the real interface names
    > in their place. I'm betting it wont crash.

    Unfortunately the only interface that is mentioned by name anywhere in
    my firewall is $DMZ (which is ppp0 and not part of any bridge).

    All of the nat/dnat and other horrible hacks are based on IP addresses.

      Last update: 2011-06-01 13:55    [W:0.024 / U:2.700 seconds]