SubjectRe: KVM induced panic on 2.6.38[2367] & 2.6.39
On 01/06/11 17:41, Avi Kivity wrote:
> On 06/01/2011 12:40 PM, Avi Kivity wrote:
>>
>> bridge and netfilter, IIRC this was also the problem last time.
>>
>> Do you have any ebtables loaded?

Never heard of them, but making a cursory check just in case..

brad@srv:/raid10/src/linux-2.6.39$ grep EBTABLE .config
# CONFIG_BRIDGE_NF_EBTABLES is not set

>> Can you try building a kernel without ebtables? Without netfilter at all?

Well, without netfilter I can't get it to crash. The problem is without
netfilter I can't actually use it the way I use it to get it to crash.

I rebooted into a netfilter kernel, and did all the steps I'd used on
the no-netfilter kernel and it ticked along happily.

So the result of the experiment is inconclusive. Having said that, the
backtraces certainly smell networky.

To get it to crash, I have to start IE in the VM and https to the public
address of the machine, which is then redirected by netfilter back into
another of the VM's.

I can https directly to the other VM's address, but that does not cause
it to crash, however without netfilter loaded I can't bounce off the
public IP. It's all rather confusing really.

What next Sherlock?

  Last update: 2011-06-01 12:57    [W:0.050 / U:9.844 seconds]