SubjectRE: various vmbus review comments
Date

Agreed - we don't need to clutter up include/linux directory with individual
driver.h files. However, including all the definitions in the .c file would also be
ugly. For instance there are multiple *.c files for the storage drivers and we don't
want to replicate the contents of hyperv_storage.h in each of these .c files.
The same is true for the netvsc driver - there are multiple .c files where we would need
to replicate the contents of hyperv_net.h.

How about I keep these driver specific header files; but these could be local to the
directory where these drivers land.

> > > - the instances of hv_driver structures need to be static and
> > > not programatically defined, like all other USB and PCI
> > > drivers are handled.
> > > - module reference counting. Are you sure you got it all right
> > > for the individual modules that attach to the bus? I don't
> > > see any reference counting happening, is that correct?
> >
> > For this round, I want to concentrate on just the vmbus driver. So,
> > module reference counting is I don't think an issue for the vmbus driver
> > given that the driver is not unlodable. Once I am done with the vmbus driver
> > I will address the module reference counting issues for other drivers.
>
> No, I am referring to the module reference counting of the bus drivers
> that register with the vmbus core. You aren't doing that at all, and
> you probably need to make sure that this isn't needed. That is
> concentrating on the vmbus driver.

Ok; I will look into this.

> > I will also address your comment on static initialization hv_driver instances
> > as part of other driver cleanup.
>
> No, please do this now as it will show how to properly interact with the
> vmbus core code in the correct manner. Hopefully that will be correct,
> but I have a feeling that it will show you some places in the API that
> need to be changed...

Will do.

Regards,

K. Y

  Last update: 2011-05-04 19:01    [W:0.094 / U:0.148 seconds]