SubjectRe: [kernel.org users] Turning off the incremental diff robot
Hi Peter,

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 12:03:03PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> With the v3.0 name change I was looking over what might break, and I'm
> seriously considering turning off the incremental diff robot on
> kernel.org. It's not clear to me that it is actually useful anymore,
> with git and all.
>
> Do anyone actually use these anymore?

Well, I don't think the incremental patches are *that much* used.
Speaking for my case, my longterm release scripts do produce them
anyway since it's trivial with git, and I suppose many others do
as well.

I suggest that we disable the robot and wait for any possible
complaints which are to be expected anyway with a version change.
Then it'll be more productive to help tree owners to adapt their
scripts than it would be to keep the robot running.

Just my 2 cents,
Willy

  Last update: 2011-05-31 21:55    [W:2.070 / U:0.144 seconds]