    SubjectRe: [ users] Turning off the incremental diff robot
    Hi Peter,

    On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 12:03:03PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > With the v3.0 name change I was looking over what might break, and I'm
    > seriously considering turning off the incremental diff robot on
    > It's not clear to me that it is actually useful anymore,
    > with git and all.
    > Do anyone actually use these anymore?

    Well, I don't think the incremental patches are *that much* used.
    Speaking for my case, my longterm release scripts do produce them
    anyway since it's trivial with git, and I suppose many others do
    as well.

    I suggest that we disable the robot and wait for any possible
    complaints which are to be expected anyway with a version change.
    Then it'll be more productive to help tree owners to adapt their
    scripts than it would be to keep the robot running.

    Just my 2 cents,

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-05-31 21:55    [W:0.022 / U:0.536 seconds]