    SubjectRE: linux-next: build warningiIn Linus' tree
    > Len, i'd *really* prefer it if patches changing arch/x86/ had a
    > longer test time in linux-next than what you are gave it here.

    I agree 100%, and I will do better in the future.

    This was very difficult timing for a merge window for me.

    > these patches were contentious when you last posted
    > them as an RFC to lkml ...

    The idle cleanup patches were contentious when I posed them
    because my original proposal deleted a bunch of code right away.

    Alan convinced me that the community doesn't move that fast,
    and that we should wallow in the swill for a while longer before
    deleting. Others volunteered to test the latest upstream kernel
    on APM hardware, giving APM's presence in the upstream kernel a life line.
    So all I did was add the recommended feature-removal's and warnings
    for the stuff which obviously should go. But if you see some of
    your favorite bits on the chopping block, you have at least
    6 months to make a case for them:-)

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-05-30 21:13    [W:0.020 / U:81.828 seconds]