SubjectRe: [RFC patch 29/32] trace event asoc remove semicolons
* Mark Brown ( wrote:
> On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 03:14:37PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> > On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 10:06:47AM -0400, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> > > Yes, this change is related, because these declarations will cause harm.
> > > The structure declaration cannot be put within an array declaration,
> > > because then they won't be simply "ignored": they will try to declare
> > > structures within an array, which is not valid. This is why I did this
> > > change in the same patch.
> > This might make a bit more sense if we'd seen the earlier or possibly
> > later patches... According to the patch description all you're doing
> > here is removing the semicolons.
> OK, now I see patch 1 I understand why you're doing this. It should
> still be at least called out in the patch description if not actually
> split out into a separate patch (which would be ideal) - one of the
> things that really stands out in reviews is unrelated changes.

Due to the large number of patches (32 overall), I prefer not to overdo
it in terms of splitting changes to each individual subsystem in even
more patches. If it's OK with you, I'll just clarify the changelog.

Mathieu Desnoyers
EfficiOS Inc.