    SubjectRe: [RFC patch 29/32] trace event asoc remove semicolons
    * Mark Brown (broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com) wrote:
    > On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 03:14:37PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
    > > On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 10:06:47AM -0400, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
    >
    > > > Yes, this change is related, because these declarations will cause harm.
    > > > The structure declaration cannot be put within an array declaration,
    > > > because then they won't be simply "ignored": they will try to declare
    > > > structures within an array, which is not valid. This is why I did this
    > > > change in the same patch.
    >
    > > This might make a bit more sense if we'd seen the earlier or possibly
    > > later patches... According to the patch description all you're doing
    > > here is removing the semicolons.
    >
    > OK, now I see patch 1 I understand why you're doing this. It should
    > still be at least called out in the patch description if not actually
    > split out into a separate patch (which would be ideal) - one of the
    > things that really stands out in reviews is unrelated changes.

    Due to the large number of patches (32 overall), I prefer not to overdo
    it in terms of splitting changes to each individual subsystem in even
    more patches. If it's OK with you, I'll just clarify the changelog.

    Thanks,

    Mathieu

    --
    Mathieu Desnoyers
    EfficiOS Inc.

      Last update: 2011-05-03 23:01    [W:0.024 / U:30.332 seconds]