    SubjectRe: [RFC patch 02/32] trace event sample remove semicolons, specify need for ifdef around declarations
    On Mon, 2011-05-02 at 17:11 -0400, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
    > plain text document attachment
    > (trace-event-sample-remove-semicolons.patch)
    > Part of the gradual TRACE_EVENT() semicolon removal. Enables creation of array
    > of events, thus saving space for trace event probes.
    > Protecting declarations with ifndef _TRACE_SAMPLE_DEF_ is required if we want to
    > ensure that, e.g., structure forward declarations do not generate extra
    > semicolons. It's already needed for enumerations and static inline functions
    > declarations, but not documented, so document it here.

    I think you need to have two patch sets. One to do the semicolon clean
    up, and one for the preparation of arrays. Again, the semi-colon cleanup
    I'm fine with keeping even if we don't do the arrays. But this is only
    needed if we do the array work.

    I'm not even sure I want to do it this way. I may change it when I do
    the array work.

    -- Steve

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-05-03 16:35    [W:0.025 / U:34.648 seconds]