    SubjectRe: Easy portable testcase! (Re: Kernel falls apart under light memory pressure (i.e. linking vmlinux))
    On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Minchan Kim <> wrote:
    >> It works only if the zone meets high watermark. If allocation is
    >> faster than reclaim(ie, it's true for slow swap device), the zone
    >> would remain congested.
    >> It means swapout would block.
    >> As we see the OOM log, we can know that DMA32 zone can't meet high watermark.
    >> Does my guessing make sense?
    > Hi Andrew.
    > I got failed your scenario in my machine so could you be willing to
    > test this patch for proving my above scenario?
    > The patch is just revert patch of 0e093d99[do not sleep on the
    > congestion queue...] for
    > I would like to test it for proving my above zone congestion scenario.
    > I did it based on for your easy apply so you must apply it
    > cleanly on vanilla v2.6.38.6.
    > And you have to add !pgdat_balanced and shrink_slab patch.

    No, because my laptop just decided that it doesn't like to turn on. :(

    I'll test it on my VM on Tuesday and (fingers crossed) on my repaired
    laptop next weekend.

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-05-30 02:31    [W:0.019 / U:4.432 seconds]