    SubjectRe: IrDA driver fails on PXA255
    On Sun, 29 May 2011, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov wrote:

    > What about changing your patch for less intrusive one (to emit a
    > WARN_ON) for at least one
    > or two major releases and only then changing it back to the current state?

    That would return memory that is not guaranteed to be within the first
    16MB of address space, so a GFP_DMA allocation would succeed with memory
    not from ZONE_DMA. That's an invalid configuration, so users, including
    you, should at least edit their .config by hand to enable CONFIG_ZONE_DMA
    as a workaround. Then, we should try to fix up the Kconfig entries for
    drivers requiring DMA allocations to select CONFIG_ZONE_DMA or fix
    defconfigs when DMA is known to be needed for a device.

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-05-29 23:21    [W:0.022 / U:5.420 seconds]