SubjectRe: IrDA driver fails on PXA255
On Sun, 29 May 2011, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov wrote:

> What about changing your patch for less intrusive one (to emit a
> WARN_ON) for at least one
> or two major releases and only then changing it back to the current state?

That would return memory that is not guaranteed to be within the first
16MB of address space, so a GFP_DMA allocation would succeed with memory
not from ZONE_DMA. That's an invalid configuration, so users, including
you, should at least edit their .config by hand to enable CONFIG_ZONE_DMA
as a workaround. Then, we should try to fix up the Kconfig entries for
drivers requiring DMA allocations to select CONFIG_ZONE_DMA or fix
defconfigs when DMA is known to be needed for a device.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans