lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2011]   [May]   [27]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
Date
From
SubjectRe: [PATCH] mm: don't access vm_flags as 'int'

* Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 11:50 AM, richard -rw- weinberger
> <richard.weinberger@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > This breaks kernel builds with CONFIG_HUGETLBFS=n. :-(
>
> Grr. I did the "allyesconfig" build to find any problems, but that
> obviously also sets HUGETLBFS.
>
> But "allnoconfig" does find this.

Yeah, my experience is that [all[yes|no|mod]|def]config covers about
95% of the build bugs and the remaining 5% are rarely showstopper
problems (they generally don't show up in configs that people use).

Given how fast allnoconfig and defconfig builds i've got allnoconfig
and defconfig scripted to always execute together with allyesconfig.

So if you go the trouble to build allyesconfig manually, it costs
almost no time to tack on the allnoconfig and defconfig as well (and
stick this all into a script), while it increases the efficiency of
the build test remarkably.

Thanks,

Ingo


\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2011-05-27 08:11    [W:0.039 / U:21.976 seconds]
©2003-2018 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site