SubjectRe: 2.6.39: crash w/threadirqs option enabled

On Fri, 20 May 2011, Justin Piszcz wrote:

> On Fri, 20 May 2011, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

>>> It crashed at 2100, this is when I run a few I/O intensive processes:
>>> - backup (dump ext4 filesystem -> to a separate raid device)
>>> - backup (dump ext4 on remote host -> to separate raid device)
>>> - backup (dump xfs on remote host -> to separate raid device)
>>>
>>> This looks like it is what caused it to crash.
>>
>> That narrows it down somewhat, but does not give us a clue at all :(

>>> The host was online and I went away for awhile, when I came back the
>>> system
>>> had rebooted on its own (as I lost all of my X windows/etc).
>>
>> Hmm. Did you have panic_timeout set ?
>
> Hi,
>
> No, I do not use panic_timeout or any type of watchdog that would reboot
> the system upon a lockup/crash.
>
> Justin.

Hi,

I like to be as accurate as possible, since this occurred, I've removed
threadirqs..

Please disregard this, I also updated the BIOS on the same day (BIOS
update + kernel update), I'm re-running w/thread irqs enabled again, and
I'll update you if there are any issues, thanks.

(I've set the bios to factory defaults -> tweaked), we'll see what
happens.

Justin.

  Last update: 2011-05-26 18:33    [W:0.193 / U:0.412 seconds]