SubjectRe: [RFC V1] lib: cordic: add library module for cordic angle calculation
On 05/25/2011 10:35 PM, Larry Finger wrote:
> On 05/25/2011 02:40 PM, Arend van Spriel wrote:
>> The brcm80211 driver in the staging tree has a cordic function to
>> determine cosine and sine for a given angle. Feedback received from
>> John Linville suggested that these kind of functions should be made
>> available to others as a library function in the kernel tree.
> There is a similar routine in b43, thus this library function will likely have
> at least 2 users.

I know (forgot to mention it in the commit message). Henry Ptasinski
(broadcom colleague) actually verified both functions against Matlab
implementation (or Scilab, if you prefer open-source ;-) ). The b43
version has a more limited range of the angle input in which the
calculation is accurate.

>> +static const s32 AtanTbl[] = {
> In Documentation/CodingStyle, variables with mixed-case names are frownid upon.

No frowning needed. I will change it ;-)

>> +/*
>> + * cordic_calc_iq() - calculates the i/q coordinate for given angle
>> + *
>> + * theta: angle in degrees for which i/q coordinate is to be calculated
>> + * coord: function output parameter holding the i/q coordinate
>> + */
>> +void cordic_calc_iq(s32 theta, struct cordic_iq *coord)
> As "coord" is only for output, why not have this be a function returning a
> struct cordic_iq?

Only to avoid passing the structure over the stack. Given the fact that
it is only 8 bytes (4 bytes extra) I think it is ok to change it.

Gr. AvS

--
Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
-- H.P. Lovecraft --

  Last update: 2011-05-26 11:33    [W:0.061 / U:42.748 seconds]