SubjectRe: [RFC] ARM Subarchitecture group maintainership
* Catalin Marinas <catalin.marinas@arm.com> [110518 17:49]:
> Arnd,
>
> On 18 May 2011 09:47, Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de> wrote:
> > This is the draft plan for maintaining the ARM subarchitectures in a common
> > tree, as a way to help coordinate the upstream merging of the
> > arch/arm/{plat,mach}-* changes into Linus' tree.
>
> For clarification - the aim of this subarchitecture group is not only
> to coordinate the upstream merging but also take an active (primary)
> role in consolidating the existing code across various
> subarchitectures under arch/arm/.

It's good to see organized effort on consolidating the code.
And Linaro is probably the best place to organize this effort.

Naturally I assume that you guys won't be merging any platform
specific patches without proper acks from the platform maintainers:

Acked-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>

Arnd, do you want to do a practise run with pulling in the omap
code and merging to Linus for this merge window?

Regards,

Tony

  Last update: 2011-05-25 10:01    [W:0.321 / U:0.932 seconds]