    SubjectRe: [RFC] lib: crc8: add new library module providing crc8 algorithm
    On 05/25/2011 07:46 AM, George Spelvin wrote:
    > Since you are obviously being ironic in your phrasing, I hope I did not
    > give serious offense. What I wrote is a fairly accurate description of
    > my reflex reaction, but I could have phrased it more diplomatically.

    No offense. I am not keen on politics anyway so blunt in fine with me ;-)

    >> If callers use the specific function they can not specify a bit order so
    >> no compile-time error.
    > What I meant was, the bit order is specified by the function name.
    > An invalid bit order translates to an invalid function name, which the
    > linker will complain about.

    Than we mean the same thing.

    > If you feel ambitious, you can fold the crc7 code into yours. Its an
    > msbit-first CRC. The resultant table will be left-justified rather
    > than the current right-justified, but if you look at all the call sites,
    > you'll notice that they all shift the result left 1 bit!

    We are ambitious, but the focus is on getting our wireless driver in
    shape. The crc8 library function is related to that. So folding the crc7
    will get a low priority for now.

    I noticed the whole table changed in the patch you posted in the bug
    report. So that is because of the shift, right?

    Gr. AvS

    Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
    -- H.P. Lovecraft --

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-05-25 08:51    [W:0.019 / U:21.852 seconds]