SubjectRe: [RFC] lib: crc8: add new library module providing crc8 algorithm
On 05/25/2011 07:46 AM, George Spelvin wrote:
> Since you are obviously being ironic in your phrasing, I hope I did not
> give serious offense. What I wrote is a fairly accurate description of
> my reflex reaction, but I could have phrased it more diplomatically.

No offense. I am not keen on politics anyway so blunt in fine with me ;-)

>> If callers use the specific function they can not specify a bit order so
>> no compile-time error.
> What I meant was, the bit order is specified by the function name.
> An invalid bit order translates to an invalid function name, which the
> linker will complain about.

Than we mean the same thing.

> If you feel ambitious, you can fold the crc7 code into yours. Its an
> msbit-first CRC. The resultant table will be left-justified rather
> than the current right-justified, but if you look at all the call sites,
> you'll notice that they all shift the result left 1 bit!

We are ambitious, but the focus is on getting our wireless driver in
shape. The crc8 library function is related to that. So folding the crc7
will get a low priority for now.

I noticed the whole table changed in the patch you posted in the bug
report. So that is because of the shift, right?

Gr. AvS

--
Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
-- H.P. Lovecraft --

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans