    SubjectRe: [RFC] lib: crc8: add new library module providing crc8 algorithm
    On 05/25/2011 07:46 AM, George Spelvin wrote:
    > Since you are obviously being ironic in your phrasing, I hope I did not
    > give serious offense. What I wrote is a fairly accurate description of
    > my reflex reaction, but I could have phrased it more diplomatically.

    No offense. I am not keen on politics anyway so blunt in fine with me ;-)

    >> If callers use the specific function they can not specify a bit order so
    >> no compile-time error.
    > What I meant was, the bit order is specified by the function name.
    > An invalid bit order translates to an invalid function name, which the
    > linker will complain about.

    Than we mean the same thing.

    > If you feel ambitious, you can fold the crc7 code into yours. Its an
    > msbit-first CRC. The resultant table will be left-justified rather
    > than the current right-justified, but if you look at all the call sites,
    > you'll notice that they all shift the result left 1 bit!

    We are ambitious, but the focus is on getting our wireless driver in
    shape. The crc8 library function is related to that. So folding the crc7
    will get a low priority for now.

    I noticed the whole table changed in the patch you posted in the bug
    report. So that is because of the shift, right?

    Gr. AvS

    --
    Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
    -- H.P. Lovecraft --

      Last update: 2011-05-25 08:51    [W:0.024 / U:2.064 seconds]